Thursday, June 12, 2008

~Despite all the drama of the weekend that resulted in the tenants of 1841 being made homeless, life goes on. My girlfriend has taken me in for a short-term stay as my housemates and I attempt to find permanent housing. Today is the first day I've had to be alone and get my thoughts straight. Over the last several days I've been typing up my recollections and gathering notes while they're fresh, so that when/if they're needed for legal proceedings or whatever comes of this, they're ready.

~I may post what I've been writing in later days or weeks. But for now, after consulting with my lawyer daddy I decided it's best to keep my accounts private, or at least to not blog them without review by a lawyer, because even though I'm being factual, reporting quotes I heard and things I saw, I also know that the second and third-hand accounts I am recording--important parts of the account--could open me to charges of libel, slander, or defamation... regardless of my being truthful and factual. So, if you want to know what's up, I'll be happy to tell you, but I won't be posting anything other than a very dry, barebones, factual account of the interior wall collapse that occurred early Saturday morning at 1841 16th St NW, Washington, DC 20009 at the property owned by Dr. Joseph Liberman and his wife Dr. Amy Mazur. Knowing what I do about the history of this place, and the running of it, it seems likely that whatever happens will require much tortuous time spent in the courts or offices of DC government. Which is fine, I've got time, and more than that I've got interest. I love that house. I hope to see it transferred into the hands of someone who will give it the respect that it deserves.

~In other news not so melodramatic... if you're downtown Friday evening make plans to stop by 975 F St for the Carroll Square Gallery Aqueous opening. Highlights for me from this show are photographs by Olaf Otto Becker, and Susannah Sayler of The Canary Project.

2 comments:

mike said...

dude, that same wall had been partially collapsed for at least 2 years

&rew said...

The Demon was collapsing for 30-years minimum... duh.