Wednesday, November 14, 2007

~My poor old laptop has given up the ghost, gone kaput, died. I think. I went to sleep Monday night listening to music from my iTunes & when the playlist ended the laptop went to sleep. I got up a few hours later to get ready for a couple of days with Lyt, woke the still slumbering giant & found it very slow in responding to any input or commands, so I tried to force-quit the programs that were running & re-launch Finder, but it took forever, so I tried to log out, but that took forever too, so I manually shut it down by holding the power button. When I restarted it never progressed from the gray screen to the blue screen, so I shut it down again. Subsequent restarts end at a gray screen with an OS9-style folder icon in the center that contains a flashing question mark & a smiling (mocking perhaps ;) Finder face.
~I am bummed.
~I'm hoping my Camry is going to be okay... 1) glasses, 2) laptop, 3)?
~So, enormously large readership (diet, please) of mine, I think I'll take a hiatus of undetermined duration from updating my silly blog. Of course I can update without my laptop, & mebbe I will, but mebbe it'll be better to live life without it for a bit, or forever.
~So don't send me email if you're trying to reach me in a timely manner... call my cell instead. If you don't know it, ask someone who does, or holler at me when you see me, or just holler out the window. Or try pissing in the wind.
~If you know someone with a new or very recent top-notch MacBook Pro (15" or 17") who wants to get rid of it for free/cheap/reasonable $, please let me know.
~Monday night, with a friend, saw the Joe Strummer documentary, The Future Is Unwritten, directed by Julien Temple.
~May go see David Kilgour tonight at DC9.
~Autumn in the country is beautiful... one must experience it firsthand.
~The End.

1 comment:

mike said...

3) your balls are going to fall of in the Demon House toilet!