Sunday, October 14, 2007

~The gallery hosted a special event Thursday night put on by Peace X Piece. After the floors were covered with gorgeous handmade rugs, & intricately detailed tablecloths were hanging from the walls, 35-45 well-heeled women & men, many with firsthand knowledge of, & experience in, Afghanistan arrived for a cozy salon-style discussion, brainstorming session, & fundraiser for PXP. We were all fed a deliciously delightful dinner of Afghan food, followed by a dessert of tea & pudding. I went home stuffed, happy, & sleepy. PXP was founded by Patricia Smith Melton, who is married to Bill Melton, the founder of VeriFone, together they run The Melton Foundation. It was an interesting evening.
~I got home after 10pm, & despite having been awake for around 40 hours, decided to grab a beer from Rafal. That turned into a late-night trip... closed out my neighborhood bar & didn't go to sleep until a little after 3am. Was tired! My god.
~Friday was a boring gallery day.
~Spent Saturday working in the kitchen & never had a chance to sit down it was so busy. Jorge is so cool. I wish I spoke Spanish.
~Slept last night & feel lots better. Three days off this week! Whooo! Gonna have fun & get stuff done. Making money. Time to spend it.
~The cool Afghan dude who brought many of the rugs & was a coordinator for the gallery event told me about The Helmand, an Afghan restaurant in Baltimore that's even better than The Afghan Restaurant on Rte. 1 in Alexandria. So I'm thinking about heading there someday soon.





No comments: