Monday, May 07, 2007

5/7: Had a fun evening last night hanging out with friends at a couple of restaurants after enjoying a 90-minute solo brunch in the midday sun with mimosas, coffee, crepes, and a big yummy sandwich. Soaked up the afternoon sun talking on my cellular telephony device. Later I finished Ishiguro's Never Let Me Go--a depressingly beautiful story. When the sun's overhead like it is at this time of year it makes me want to re-read a few books in particular that give me the same mental vibe: Camus's The Stranger, Francoise Sagan's Bonjour Tristesse, and Paul Bowles's Pages from Cold Point and Other Stories.

Ben's Chili Bowl on a day that's chilly in the shade and perfect in the sun. Get it?! Chili vs. chilly?!!! Ha! Hilarious.

1 comment:

marissa said...

wow, i've never seen ben's chili bowl look so small.

in a fight between me and this twerp of a chili bowl pictured here, i would win.