Tuesday, January 23, 2007

1/23: Spent the day in the wilds of Rappahannock County. Gorgeous. Expensive too. Worked on a gentleman farmer's place that's on the market for $11.9 million bucks.
+++
In 44 days my age will advance by one year. Is that because my years are shorter than others'? (No.) I've got no more than 410 days left in my twenties. (Unless time measurement methods change.)
+++
I really think it's time for me to move on from my house. Too many frustrations. Too many hours spent doing nothing. Too many limitations on my personal space. So many people = +/-, but I'm mostly feeling the - on that side of things recently. If it was my house and I had phat cash I'd fix it up and rent it by the floor. But it's not, it's just a shithole instead. It could and should be a beautiful, secure, energy efficient place for me to let a few of my friends live with me if I so chose... but I have a vivid imagination. Daydreaming............
+++
Sunny Europe keeps hitting me in the head with near-daily frequency, begging me to come record new mental images. But I've got no plans for anything (and definitely don't have trip-making finances)... not even plans for the next several months (vague ideas and images, with intense desires, in my head... but that's it other than some sawdust). Just floating through the days like a single high-altitude cloud doing cartwheels across an otherwise deep blue sky... going somewhere... becoming something else... but not sure of the what, where, why, when, and how. And how indeed!
===
Okay, so maybe all these paragraphs don't actually add up to this sum, but here's the total I came up with for now: I've been as happy as I've ever been, at least as an adult, for the last eight months. Of course there have been some spikes and valleys--this IS &rew! And who knows if that caveat of a moment ago, "as an adult," is accurate. It's easy to remember moments of the past and assign the feelings of fond recollection they inspire to represent a much larger slice of time. (Time is silly. Have you ever seen Father Time? Tell me you didn't laugh at him!) Anyway. My point is this... I like this girl. I know this, and it is ALL I know right now.

1 comment:

mike said...

Did you post the awesome YouTube videos yet?!