Saturday, January 20, 2007

1/20: It's cold. Woke up with a crick in my neck due to sleeping for 12 hours in my draughty room.

Listening to Sugar and Candy by 2 Skinnee J's, it's fairly ethereal with a moody and solid funky core that matches my state of mind and body odor.

Thinking about driving somewhere to get out of the cold house. Want to get tix for upcoming 9:30 Club shows, but the ticket office doesn't open until 6pm. Anybody going to see Lily Allen on Friday 2/16?

Started the new Ian Rankin mystery for a couple of hours while curled up in my sleeping bag on a couch downstairs. I'm afraid to get cold outside and have nowhere to go to warm up. It must suck to be homeless in this weather--and this isn't even really cold, more like seasonable. Blah.

Talked to my former professor Bernard and Earl the DC arborist at the Long View Gallery opening reception for Matt Hollis last night. TMC drank wine and champagne and stumbled home.

There's a D'Steel(e) Society of Advanced Poetics reading at Meat Market Gallery Sunday from 5-7pm.

No comments: