Tuesday, December 12, 2006

12/12: Whoo! Here comes a meandering ramble... I got 19 CDs in less than 24 hours: from Bebel Gilberto & Zuco 103 to Helmet & Lost Prophets, from World Party & Twilght Singers to Hard-Fi & Karsh Kale to Texas & Glenn Kotchke to The Streets & Ozomatli... DMB's Live Trax Vol. 7--a show my brother took me to....

We raced down I-64 to Hampton to get to the hotel in time to catch a ride on the tour bus to the Coliseum. I had just gone on an antibiotic to fight off a cold and would have felt bad about getting Bela Fleck or Victor Wooten sick, so I chased them away from eating dinner at our table. New Years Eve a decade ago. Time flies.

Yep, I'm hexxeyeted! Now I've gotta listen to them all! Damn... I forgot: I don't have a car worth putting a new stereo in to replace the one stolen over the summer... my 4-year-old Powerbook's drive won't rip or burn CDs anymore... and my home stereo is a hand me down from ThoMicCor. Oh well.

At least I've discovered a sports coupe after which to lust, the BMW M6! Anyone feeling generous should feel free to get me one in black (since it goes with everything) but I do find the Sepang Bronze metallic finish oddly appealing (odd since I dislike bronze and think of it as the color of an old person's rental car). If the M6 is out of stock, I'll accept an Audi R8. Or I can just wait until March for my birthday.... It'll be okay. Just wait and see.

Had a good pair of days with Lyt. Spent this morning swinging around in a silver maple before a short afternoon spent pruning a variety of small trees and scoping out the next area of the property to work on. Monday was gorgeous but work was dull: I grounded all day for Lyt and Scott. Sent saws up lines, staged brush for the grounds crew to pick up, and did a tiny bit of deadwood pruning on a couple of trees that didn't need climbing. The kind of day that leaves a major crick in my neck from craning my head back to look way up in the trees through the focal point of my glasses. Effing glasses.

Anyway. Supposed to make books with Wendy on Wednesday, may well see Alissa Friday evening (although The Hint is playing a show in MD I'd like to see), and am hoping to see some ex-1841'ers Saturday night! Whoo. Hark. Christmas approaches. Oh, no... nevermind... that's just a helicopter thundering by.

Sunday I watched a hawk circle over my neighborhood for a good ten to fifteen minutes... so cool to see beings from the country in the city... later that night I was across the river in VA on 29, and a fox ran crossed the road in front of me. Cool.

No comments: