Monday, August 07, 2006

8/6: At some moment between Friday and Sunday morning someone took a screwdriver to my passenger door lock and gracefully appropriated my eight-year-old car stereo and a book of my favorite and newest CDs. Thankfully, whoever it was didn't smash my window and even kindly re-locked my doors before leaving my driveway with said loot in hand. Sadly, this otherwise thoughtful individual also took with him a small old socket set that had been my granddaddy's and that was one of my highly valued sentimental ways of connecting with him over the sixteen years (nearly to the day) he has been dead. I would sort of like to slam this person's fingers in my car door. But it's not really worth getting upset about. Instead I wish him luck and hope the loot provides the jumpstart he must have needed.


(Mike Corcoran demonstrates the proper technique for a quick and easy stereo removal)

6 comments:

mike said...

Dude,
you should go up to NU 2U and those other second-hand/pawn shops on 14th and see if you can find some of your stuff. At least your racket set.

mike said...

Whoops- ratchet set

marissa said...

i'm sorry andrew. that stinks.

Dietsch said...

sorry man i needed a new car stereo

&rew said...

these things happen. bah. glad it found a new home--in the backseat of a jeep!

Wendy said...

I saw it in Kevin's center stack.