Tuesday, July 25, 2006

7/24: Craig Webb and Sara Pomerance came over to show some of their art. Sara is returning to the University of New Mexico's fine art photography graduate program for her last year. She shared her current project, a series of video pieces focusing on her parents. It is a funny, intriguing glance into how someone else's family operates as seen through the eyes and lens of a trusted family member. I was caught by surprise when the twelve-minute running time had elapsed and the DVD came to an end.

Craig shared the fruits of his hard work and printmaking talent. Some of the prints were in his Corcoran thesis show, but I got to see them up close, loose, and found the layering of text within the prints very cool. He has a print in Languages of Silence, a show juried by J.W. Mahoney, at the Greater Reston Arts Center. The show is up until August 18th and he's supposed to take part in the artist's talk scheduled for 7PM on the 1st.

1 comment:

AnJaka said...

good morning &rew, I like your blog and I want to exchange your blog link with my link,
my blog is Arts Collections .
pls feedback to me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good Google Link About Arts